TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

text zoom

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 18th 2003#103909 Report
anyone know how they did this effect in this sample intro:

http://avaris-studio.com/completesite/index.html

i am curious how they made the text toom out and become blurred and also get the blue flash behind it
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2003#104422 Report
anyone know?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2003#104452 Report
Most likely those are jpegs. The saved the text as one jpeg....used zoom blur...saved it as a second and repeat the zoom blur a few more times. Then they just took those and put them one after the other in flash. I cant be exactly sure cause its too fast for my eyes and didnt get cached in opera. But that would be my guess
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2003#104477 Report
zoom blur, as in photoshop?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2003#104489 Report
yup. Under radial blur..just click zoom. Basically its an image of the text...then an image of the text blurred slightly..then another image of the text blurred more. Thats how it zooms out....and to zoom in they just used the same images but reversed the frames... so its the image with more zoom..then an image with less zoom...then the plain text.

You prolly get the point...but i wasnt sure if i was totally clear in my first post. Its a technique i like to use a lot...so i dont think about it much when i explain it lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2003#104496 Report
oh i see,....very nice... i wasnt sure if there was a blur feature in flash or not. i am pretty good with photoshop, it just seems like a tedious process to go frame by frame. I will try it,... and let you know how it works.

also, is that blue thing flying around just one symbol *(graphic) and enlarged, blurred, and such each time it passes the scene?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2003#104501 Report
It would be nice if there was a blur feature... but since flash is mainly vector..any kinda blur is out of the question.

Frame by frame isn't so bad (in this case lol)...all you need for an effect like that is 3 frames (4 or 5 if you want a smoother zoom). Make your text/color/picture... whatever you want....zoom blur it a small amount save it as pic 1. then just hit ctrl-f and save it as pic 2. and ctrl-f again and save as pic 3. Should take no more than really 10 mins to get a good effect.

As to your blue thing... its the same idea. Its one graphic blured..then the same graphic altered a little bit...then the same graphic altered more and each frame (this maybe has about 6 fames) positioned differently.

Basically everything your seeing is a frame by frame. To recreate this just create a picture...save it...change it...save it and keep looking at it in flash. What you should alter in each picture are things like blur...color...brightness/contrast those kinda things. I cant really slow down the movie to see how its made exactly so its a kinda experimental thing.

Ok..kinda rambling on now but you get the idea.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2003#104503 Report
Ok...so i was bored and made this in about 10 mins. Its really crappy but it illustrates the point. (anyway it was kinda fun lol)

Its 40k.... you can hit the replay button to watch it as many times as you want...and you can click the numbers below to see each individual picture/frame.

I have 10 pictures...and the blue thing in my pictures is the letter Z.

1) I first made the Z...blured it on frame 3 &4

2) moved/rotated/duplicated it on frame 5 and used "color Dogde"

3) blurred it beyond recognition and lowered the opacity on frame 6

4) on frame 7 is the word "zoom" colored blue with a font size of like 500. I slightly blured it and rotated it.

5) Frame 8 is the same pic just zoomed WAY in.....in photoshop

6) frame 9 is blank to give it a white "flash"

7)frame 10 is the same as frame 8.

All done in photoshop.....then imported into flash and the frames per second is like 20 (the more frames per second...the beter this kinda effect works)

Anywho hope that helps. If not......well then i had fun at least lol

http://www.geocities.com/rodder502/Movie1.html
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2003#104531 Report
wow really good. i tried to make one, but it did not come out that good because i used too low of a frame rate. Im gona go and try it now and see where it ends up. ill post it when im done
Reply with Quote Reply
May 22nd 2003#104565 Report
question...are you doing all the zooming in photoshop or in flash?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum