TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Dreamweaver Shout Box

Page: 1 Reply
May 10th 2003#102875 Report
I downloaded a shout box for my website at hotscripts.com and it was a PHP file. I opened it into dreamweaver and now I'm stumped on how to actually put it onto the page. I tried copy and pasting the code from dreamweaver into my notepad index.html file, but that didn't work. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

NICK
Reply with Quote Reply
May 10th 2003#102880 Report
well first, you have to have PHP support on the server.
Second, you have to name your file index.php, instead of .html.
Third, depending on how the script works tho, but..usually you'd include the php script onto your site, or have it inside an iframe.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2003#103752 Report
Do you know how to work Iframes? Because I really don't.. haha.. thanks for the help
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2003#103756 Report
I frames are pretty much like normal frames, but you would, for instance put it in a table, like you commonly see. So you just use the < iframe > tag instead of the < frame > tag. You need a source file (eg --> src="doggyStyle.htm" ) and you can declare the width, height, etc. But note you would probably like the src page to fit so you would need to make sure it fits in the dimension of the iframe or else you have a lot of scrolling.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 16th 2003#103759 Report
try ? include'view_shouts.php' ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum