TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Animating logos - How?

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 27th 2003#101285 Report
Let's assume I have a logo and want to animate it. How do I do it? For example, Intel's logo ... I want to animate the I, N, T, E and L separately, but not by reproducing the logo, using the existing one. I don't know, like rotating the letters or zooming on them, etc.

What tools are best for such a job?

Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 29th 2003#101596 Report
There is a lot of tools who can do that, depend on what u will make your logo for.

U can use imageready to make at gif animation. Or u can use flash to make a flash file or Director to make a shockwave.

If u are into 3d u can use a 3d program to make the animation and save it as a movie file. so u can use it in film production.

There is a lot of options, it depends on what your needs is, and where u will use it :-)
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 29th 2003#101597 Report
Thanks for the reply mate. Well, a friend of mine told me if it was possible to animate the static logo of his company. I asked because I have no 3D experience.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 29th 2003#101605 Report
the main questions you need to ask is, what's your output? do you want an animated gif, a flash movie, or a video file? once you know that your choice of tool becomes easier

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2003#101659 Report
If you want to animate a logo for the web, i'd really look into buying Swift 3D 3. It's only $169 or something, well worth it. With Swift you can animate 3D and export as a flash vector file. Check out www.swift3d.com. It's probably the cheapest of all options. Of course, if you have Illustrator (a program for making vector graphics-logos etc), Swift 3D can import the illustrator file and you can them extrude that and animate it. The flash files created are tiny. Look into ImageReady, it's used to create gifs among lots of other things, you casn animate each frame, press play and watch your creation go.

Ask yourself this, do you want the logo to have any depth at all, or do you only want it to be flat? Does it ever flip? If so, look into Swift.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2003#101661 Report
wooo yeah swift3d is elite
thats what 2a use's ;)..
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum