TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Flash Newbie

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8259 Report
Yep, I've finally made the decision to start dabling w/ some Flash...Simply for myself and my own little projects.

However, I am an absolute total newbie with Flash so I need to be directed to some good tutorials/sites/books.

C'mon Chris, I know you'll help me out.:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8268 Report
Dude, long time no see, how goes it?

IMO the best thing you can do to start learning Flash is to do the 7 or 8 tutorials under the help menu. They really do a great job of introducing you to the basics of the program but most folks ignore em.

After that. if I were to buy one book it'd be Foundation Flash 5, great intro to the program and the tools (plus it's cheap, we've got it here in the TeamPhotoshop bookstore). Other than that there's a few good Flash tutes on the site here, We're Here has a great discussion board for any in-depth Flash questions you might have, and FlashKit has tons of tutorials, some great and some not-so-great. Hope that helps, any questions fire away...

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2001#8296 Report
Yo, thanks for the tips, I knew you would come through for me.:D

Things have been going pretty good, albiet a bit crazy...Between two jobs (my main gig + consulting), wife & 2 kids, selling one house and buying another there usually aren't enough hours in the day.

Still, while I don't really like doing web stuff for work (as I get handed it by default since no one else can) I still like doing my own projects with it, which is why I need to get back into the forums as things calm down.

Thus I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me around here.;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum