TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Preloader Scene

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 6th 2001#7716 Report
Does anyone know how to create a true percentage preloader in a separate scene from the main one?

this is what i have in the preloader scene

percent = Math.round((_root.getBytesLoaded()/_root.getBytesTotal()) * 100)

but when i stream it, the percentage stays at zero.
Any solutions?
Thnx in advance
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2001#7811 Report
If you just want a percentage why don't you just use.

percent = Math.round( ( framesLoaded/totalFrames)*100)

If it were a different level you wanted to preload and show a percetage just use the _leveln._framesLoaded etc...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2001#7833 Report
Somebody's been reading ;)

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2001#7834 Report
hi it was probably me, well i have a question, i am a newbie to flash, i dont know all the actions and what not, but i do know how to make a preloader, but i dont know how to do the percent thing like he was talking about, it seems he knows more about percenting then i do, i know nothing, when would i type that

percent = Math.round( ( framesLoaded/totalFrames)*100)
where would it appear, and one last thing, can i have a preloader that reloads one section of the loader, or is that not possible
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2001#7837 Report
Originally posted by knuckler
can i have a preloader that reloads one section of the loader, or is that not possible

heres an example http://www.2advanced.com/skatejam2000/sj2k-website.html where the squares are loaded again and the tech dots are not, does anyone know how thats done
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2001#7845 Report
Ok, that code would go on a frame action at the beginning of your movie, just double-click the first frame on a blank layer (in Flash 5) and it'll pull up your actionscript dialogue box.

As far as the animated preloading sequence, I think what you want to do is just create the animation for your preloader in a movie clip then place that on the first frame of your movie. It'll play till the preloading script tells it to move on to the next frame.

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2001#7874 Report
Yep Fig Those books kick some major butt... I even went out and bought the Actionscript Studio. It's all starting to make sense thanks to the books. And to top it off I hate math ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2001#7981 Report
Good stuff man. Which ones have you read so far?

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2001#7986 Report
Foundation actionscript and Flash 5 studio (3/4) on that one. I went and ordered off amazon the Actionscript studio. It seems to be in the loop actionscript is the key The Foundation book was written excellent and very easy to follow. It's going to take some time to absorb all the variables, smartclips, etc. tricks but it's definitely making a lot more sense now Those in "my" opinion are the best written books I have yet to read. I have "never" finished a whole book and I "am" finishing all of these ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2001#7989 Report
Cool, I'm going thru Foundation Actionscript now and have AS Studio to go thru when i'm done. Can ya give me some details on Flash 5 Studio, what kinda stuff in covered, etc.? I may have to pick that one up...

Chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum