TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Multiple Rollovers in DreamWeaver 4???

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 4th 2001#7487 Report
I need help. I'm trying to figure out how to create multiple rollovers in DW4. I got it to where the buttons change but I also want an image to change above the buttons. Is this possible? Thanks.

Lastic
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2001#7491 Report
Yup, just make the button rollover just like you did but before you click "ok" to go back to the document.....
look in the list of images and select the other image you want to roll when that button is rolled over.....then browse to find the image you want to replace it on rollover.
you can do that with as many iamges as you want before clicking that final "ok" to go back to the document.
Hope this helps.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2001#7511 Report
Well I tried that. I created the first rollover and without clicking "ok", it won't let me do anything else except change what the rollovers say. Does that make sense?

The initial "original" is (for example): orig1.jpg
The initial "rollover" is: orig1_on.jpg

when I click on anymore images, it changes them to:

orig2.jpg
orig2_on.jpg

and adds the second image to the document. I'm all screwed up. Hopefully this will help you in your explanation to a "newbie".

Thanks

Paul
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2001#7583 Report
You could always use the dual mouseover machine on this site...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2001#7595 Report
Pank has a very usable idea there!

but if you want :(there are tons of ways to do this....this is just how I do it.)

Lets backup a bit. I see what you are doing now....Instead of >insert>rollover image

just insert the base images like you want them and don't worry about thier rollover states at first....
After you get all the images like you want them on the page select the image that will be the "trigger" when moused over.
Bring up your "behaviours pallet and click the "+" ....select "swap image"
in the dialog box that appears click "browse" and find the image that will replace the trigger image on rollover. select it and click ok.

NOW back to my previous post.....

......before you click "ok" to go back to the document.....

look in the list of images and select the other image you want to roll when that button is rolled over.....then browse to find the image you want to replace it on rollover.
you can do that with as many iamges as you want before clicking that final "ok" to go back to the document.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2001#7650 Report
Pank - I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

tornupinside - Thanks for the second reply. It really confused me up front, but your last post help clear it up. Thanks.

Paul
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum