TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Getting started...?

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 31st 2003#88458 Report
Hi all, new guy here on the boards

I'm in the process of designing a rather complex (at least, a big step up for me) website. The problem is being that I don't know how best to start. Do you generally design the whole site in [say] Photoshop then slice it into Dreamweaver? At first I started out in Dreamweaver, creating the graphics as I go however it just doesn't feel like it's going well. Any pointers you guys can offer would be cool
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 1st 2003#88518 Report
yup, pretty much. i go from paper (random thumbnail sketches, then a little more detailed, eliminating ideas i don't like till i find one i do) to photoshop to dreamweaver. i generally break my ps file into pieces...nav, header, background, etc., then save those out as needed and piece them together in dreamweaver. hope that helps.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 1st 2003#88550 Report
me too...I usually do the layout / graphics in Photoshos cauz you can do it more freely...and I usually slice them into Dreamweaver, using Tables to make the pics together.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 1st 2003#88573 Report
Okay, I guess that makes perfect sense. I do draw out my designs beforehand, however I just didn't know the best way to go from paper to actual design. Thanks for the tips guys, appreciate it. This is kindof a step up from what I normally do, hopefully it'll work out good for me
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 1st 2003#93396 Report
When ever i draw a design on paper i try to make it and end up making something totaly different but better because it is alot easier to draw a certain item then it is to make it look good on the web
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum