TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Illustrator startup problem

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 25th 2003#87477 Report
hi, i've been having problems lately with my illustrator 10.

Illustrator always did his job untill now, the program wont start.

When you start illustrator, you can see the files illustrator's loading (under the picture of the woman) and it always stops at "fonts" ...

now i recently installed 2 new fonts, so i figured that was the problem. So i removed the fonts, but it didn't change anything. After that i reinstalled the program, but i still get the same problem. I'm working with windows 2000, and never had any problems. Till now.

is there anyone who can help me ?

Tnx !

Kisaragi
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2003#87490 Report
Search your hard drive for, and then delete all the "adobefnt.lst" files. Reboot.

Also, for future reference...always go to The Mothership(Main Tech Document Search Page is HERE). You'll likely find your answer more quickly, and you can rely on the coirrectness of any info you get on tricky issues like the one you're dealing with now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2003#87511 Report
tnx for the links

i've deleted all the files and rebooted, but the problem remains. when i start illustrator you usually get different "things" the program has to load.

But since i've had the problem, and i double click the icon i get teh loading screen but the first thing (and the last thing) that appears is the 'loading fonts' line.
As if he skips all the previous loading items and directly jumps to 'loading fonts'

I already tried reinstalling the program, but it had no effect.

Any more ideas ?

Tnx man !
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 25th 2003#87518 Report
Definitely indicates one or more corrupted fonts.

Move all but your System Level fonts to a different folder. Relaunch Illustrator. If it loads, you have a corrupted font. Quit Illustrator, and start adding returning your fonts, little by little, and relaunch Illustrator until you weed out the offender(s). Then trash the bad ones.

A good, pro-level font managing application will make this process much easier.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 26th 2003#87524 Report
Alrighty, i'll give it a try.

tnx a lot!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum