TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

pank can i ask you something

Page: 1 Reply
Jan 2nd 2003#84214 Report
ummm pank on your other site, www.pankpages.com ,on top of the links you have a nice arrow that scrolls when you go over the buttons...well im trying to replicate that and i found a tutorial at robouk.com but it was a little diffrent and i have been posting on many forums for the answer but noone was replying so can you tell me the action sccript or how you did it......i have half the affect already done and you can see what i have done so far at
http://thinknerd.rant-on.net/coredeep.html
but my arrow moves when i move my mouse any where and i dont know how to do it when it the mouse touches the buttons

thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 2nd 2003#84219 Report
hmm....your site is quite similar looking.

I don't know what Pank did and maybe he doesn't want to tell you but i just want to inform you that it is TERRIBLY gritty on my browser. The mouse is slowing the whole thing down. You need to up the frame rate on the mouse to make it smoother.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 3rd 2003#84222 Report
Basically when you mouseover the actual button a variable is set to true. If the variable "is" set to true then the arrow is set to follow the mouses _x position. When you move your mouse off of a button the arrow's _x is set to go to a predefined _x position...

It's really hard to explain but it's not that hard. F.Y.I. the actionscript for that mouseover deally is included in the Blue_1 skin at the vbskins site here...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 3rd 2003#84246 Report
thanks pank
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum