TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

resetting to 0 rotation in illustrator

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 11th 2002#81876 Report
ok, i'm working on a large number of files that i have to modify/correct in illustrator (as they're really sloppy) then import into flash. some of the text is just slightly skewed off the 0 axis, only a few degrees but enough to make it look really funky at full size. rotating by hand or numerically is pure trial and error as i don't know exactly what the original rotation of the text is and i've resorted to just retyping all the text. is there any way to "reset" the rotation of an object to 0 degrees? thanks.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2002#81882 Report
Hmmm....Chris, that's a toughie.

Is it point text, paragraph text...one line or many in each file?

All I could suggest is to copy all the type and paste it on a new layer. The problem is that if it's been rotated a couple times it won't read how far off it is from true Ø-x axis. I've faced this problem before, but not with bunches of files...I just did it manually.

Do me this favor: Please post this question on the Adobe Illustrator User-to-User forum. IF there's a simple answer for this, you'll get your answer there, and it'll provide a solution for others who may be wondering...like ME!

Cheers, Mate!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2002#81886 Report
just the person i was looking for an answer from... ;)

this is all just individual lines of text, labels on a bunch of floorplans. the best answer i've gotten so far is to use the measure tool to check the angle from basepoint to basepoint of the first to last letter in each line then rotate it that amount.

if you can give me a url for that forum i'll happily post it over there and see if we can find anything else out. thanks for the help, i appreciate it.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2002#81887 Report
http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html
pick a platform and a software and weep... (their forums are not the wonderful eyeKandy like our generous Pank has offered us.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2002#81889 Report
Originally posted by Marble
http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html
pick a platform and a software and weep... (their forums are not the wonderful eyeKandy like our generous Pank has offered us.)

The upside is that the pages load really. Much as I like nice graphics, that feature alone is why I spend so much more time on the Adobe Forums.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2002#81890 Report
But I like perty things..... hehe.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2002#81891 Report
Perty things have their proper place...like sitting in my lap, not showing on my laptop.

:o)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2002#81901 Report
Haha!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum