TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Adding Javascript to Dreamweaver 4

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 2nd 2002#80690 Report
Sorry for another question so soon.
I am trying to add a Javascript script to my webpage. I have founf the script that I want but I am not sure what kind of extension I should put on it. I don't think it would be a .txt or a html or htm.

What do i need to do?

Thanks again

Senna
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 2nd 2002#80692 Report
javascript files are saved as "yourfile.js". That's if the file only contains Javascript. If you just have a little bit of javascript in a page with HTML, it would still be a .htm extension. You just have to surround the javascript with the appropriate <script> tag.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2002#81570 Report
I can't figre out how to put the javascript into my Dreamweaver webpage. I have found the javascript but how do I go about inserting it? Do I first save it as a .js file or do I just insert it into the code( I tried this but only the code itself showed up, along with everything else on my page that was already there)?

Need help.

Thanks,
senna
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2002#81576 Report
switch to the code view, and paste your code there, not in the WYSIWYG part of dreamweaver. I would suggest you read thru some of the help files in dreamweaver to get a better understanding of how it works. It sounds like you still need to read up on the basics. Macromedia products always have great documentation, so that should be all you need.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 12th 2002#81999 Report
Thanks. I got it working. I had added Javascript to my site about a year and a half ago but I had forgotten how I did it. It's there now. Thanks everyone!

Senna
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum