TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

simple preloader?

Page: 1 Reply
Nov 24th 2002#79712 Report
ifFrameLoaded ("main", 191) {
gotoAndStop (2);
}

Will this work as a simple preloader?
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 24th 2002#79715 Report
I haven't done one in a while, but I think you either need actions on two frames, the first frame saying if so-and-so is loaded, go wherever and the second one saying go back to the first frame (with the above actions).

OR: Use an 'if else' statement.

Example (my actionscript may not be correct, this is just to illustrate what to do).

On frame 3:
ifFrameLoaded ("main") {
goToAndStop ("wherever")
} else {
goToAndPlay (1);
}
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 18th 2002#82745 Report
To work a preloader you need to KNOW the following things as I will not explain them here.

...How to create and edit keyframes.

...How to make and edit scenes.

...How to assign actions to frames.

1.To start make sure that your movie needs to be preloaded. If it's in small fize then there's really not a need for it, huh?...hehe

2.Insert a new scene and call it preloader.

3.Drag the scene tab to the top of the tabs. This will assure that it plays before your actual movie does.

4.Check to see what the last frame # in your movie is. Keep this in mind.

5.In the Preload scene insert two blank keyframes.

6.Double-click the first keyframe and assign it the following actions.
'If Frame Is Loaded' and select the last scene in your movie (if you only have 2 scenes select the one that isn't the preloader). Also, type the last number of the frame you remembered earlier into the 'Frame Number' area. Then add another action GoTo & Play (which should be inside the If Frame is loaded action) and select 'Next Scene' from the drop down box. That's all for this frame.

7.Double-click the second keyframe now. Add a GoTo & Play action, , Frame #1.

8.That is all you need to do as far as the functin aspect is concerned, but you have no image to load so now you can make a image.

9.Design an image... probably the best choice would be a movie clip. Don't make it too much though as the whole point of a preloader is too make things better for your audience to wait. After you are done making your image, insert it into the Movie Stage from your personal library. I would insert an extra layer under your "Preloader" scene and drop the MC (Movie Clip) into it at frame 1 just to make things more organized.
For a design you can make anything from a fading text saying "LOADING" or a bar that 'looks' like it is loading. Whatever you want can go here.

10.Test your Preloader by going to your Control Menu > Test Movie. Go to Control Menu again > Show Streaming.

Please note that i did not make this up.I found it somewhere i cant remember but i just had it copied into a file on my pc for reference later on. I tried it and it worked so i think its good.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum