TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Sort of a Glowing X Effect.

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5315 Report
I know someone already posted this on this forum before, but I want to know exactly how to create the X in the picture with details. Please spare a little time and help me.

It's only a splash page on a person's site, but I want to know how to create the X, you'll know it when I see it.

http://www.alexdg.com/

-thnx in advance.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5318 Report
Use the airbrush....
Set fade to....ummm, i dunno, about 30
just start with a whjite Background and Black forground
With airbrush
Start in the center of what is gonna be your X
and drag outward till it fades to nothing.

Now invert the image and use hue and saturation to colorize the it.

Does that help any?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5322 Report
Firstly, thanx for taking your time to help me but, I tried doing what u suggested, it is something like it, but I didn't quite understand set to fade 30. Also, I'm not very good with the airbrush, and my X looks really crappy, somehow I dun think he used the airbrush to draw the X, it looks a lil more "organized"
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5323 Report
Practice, Practice, Practice.... ;)

That example might not have been done with the airbrush, but it looks like it was to me.
The only way you are going to get "exactly" what they have on that site is to keep practicing. EVERYONE stinks at using the Paint and Airbrush tools at first. It comes with time and experience.

Fade:
One of the Brush settings is "how many pixels before it fades to nothing" and is called "Fade".
Check in the help files about the "fade" settings when using brushes.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2001#5334 Report
I agree with Torn.....looks like aibrush to me. I can't tell enough people......get a graphics tablet....they rule! That is, if you don't already have one.
Later,
Justin
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum