TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

file extentions

Page: 1 Reply
May 31st 2001#4835 Report
I like to use Adobe photo deluxe at my house for my photos. The only problem with this is nobody in my family uses the program. i want to continue to use Adobe but if i cant figure out how to change the file extention (*.PDD) i will have to stop using it.
HELP how do i change it????????
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4933 Report
Open a folder

View-->Folder Options

Click the View tab

Uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types"

Click OK

Go to the file you want to change, then right-click, go to Rename, then feel free to change it as you please, but be warned that you may not be able to open the file afterwards if it's not the right file for the right program.

Example: If you change an .mp3 extension to a .txt extension, and you try to open it, all you'll get is a bunch of garbled text. I don't know about changing it back to the default file type, but hopefully it will work for you if you need to do it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4978 Report
Unless I missunderstood the Question.
I don't think that will work about 99% of the time Matt. I mean you can't just take a .PSD (or whatever) and change its extension to .jpg and expect it to work....the parsing information simply will not be there. you will get an error. (this is not a valid .jpg file...or something to that effect)

cbtjmp, have you tryed....... File>Save As> and looked at what filetypes Photo Deluxe WILL save?
I am not fimiliar with the program... but I will bet ya it WILL save as a .jpg. Saving as a .jpg should make it where EVERYONE in you family can see/use the photo...If nothing else they can open it in a browser window to see it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4993 Report
I was replying to the "Changing of extensions in general"

I stated something about changing it to a file extension that won't work properly.

For example....you chan change an .mpeg to .mpg w/ no problems, and I don't have any problems changing .txt to .doc......

I didn't say it was OK to change the extension he wanted to....but I was just telling him "HOW" to do it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4998 Report
There has to be a function that let's you save the PDD files to jpg. Try the manual mayby. You can of course, press Print Scrn and then open up windows photo editor or paint and past it in there, then save it as a jpg.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum