TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Action Kit Help!!!

Page: 1 Reply
May 31st 2001#4746 Report
HHHHHHEEEELLLPPP ME!

I have downloaded some action kits from a great site, but unfortunately I cannot use the actions because my program says I am missing the "duplicate" command... What is that all about? Is there something I can download, or do I have to upgrade to 6.0? I really don't have the funds to do so... HELP please! :confused:
~The UnderDog~
Reply with Quote Reply
May 31st 2001#4749 Report
Duplicate is under the Image menu.

Why the Action doesn't recognize it, I'm not sure, since the Action sets everything up.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2001#4883 Report
actions are for dfferent versions of photoshop, go to the site again, and maybe they'll tell you what version you need
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 1st 2001#4898 Report
I am thinking it is something much more simple than that guys. Like you missed something in the instructions and you needed to do something before it can perform the duplicate command. Try rereading the actions instructions, see if it helps. You may have missed something.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4960 Report
Ok, I tried reading through the site, I tried looking under the image menu....

I do in fact have "Duplicate" there... but the dang actions I downloaded are still stopping me... maybe I just don't understand how to use them? Or maybe I do need a differant version of Photoshop?

I have 5.0, and I down-loaded from www.elated.com

Nowhere that I have found does it say what version of Photoshop you need....

Does this clear up my problem for you nice people any?

~The UnderDog~
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 2nd 2001#4963 Report
ok so here is the deal.

Actions go through a bunch of steps in photoshop without you having to do anything but push a button. So:

-Duplicate will be there in the *image* menu, but it will not be available for use because one of the steps needed to make it useable was missed. Ie: No Selection to Duplicate, Nothing on the layer to Duplicate.

-To fix this. Go to the step where the action stops and gives you the error message in the 'actions pallette' -It will be highlighted- Find out what it is drying to duplicate, then do that step yourself and continue on with the action with the next step after the duplicate command.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum