TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Resizing an Image?

Page: 1 Reply
May 27th 2001#4399 Report
Well ...looks like I've come to THE right place*s*My question...How can i increase the size of a small image (jpg) to x times it's normal size, without it becoming blocky.(it will be printed after it's increased)...i KNOW i saw a tutorial on how to do this somewhere..but I have So many excellent PS sites bookmarked I doubt I'll find it until I dont need it anymore.ANd i hope the tutorial isnt on teamphotoshops site because it will mean i'm BLIND!:o)

HAL9000
Reply with Quote Reply
May 27th 2001#4408 Report
As far as I know (that's far:D ) it's not possible. You can increase the images size and then blur it to lose the blocks, but that's probably not what your looking for...
Reply with Quote Reply
May 27th 2001#4450 Report
Zdevil is correct.

Printable resolution can only be "gained" by DECREASING the photo size. One thing you cant give a photo is "Data". Once it has been scanned/whatever it has all the information it can hold for its filesize. Gaining resolution requires more pixels per inch... and there really isn't any way to do that without quality issues.

There are a few utilities out there that will interpolate pixels and help a little bit. Scanprep Pro by Flamingo bay/imagexpress inc. is one... and ummm.... something by "binuscan". I'm sure there are tons more.
The short answer is.."you can't without significant photo quality loss" (being blocky)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum