TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Resizeable logos

Page: 1 Reply
May 20th 2001#3905 Report
Ok, here's the deal.

I need to create a logo for a new site a buddy and I are going to run. That's not the problem.

The problem is: We have a friend who runs a car at the local 1/2 mile track. We've talked about giving him a couple of hundred a month to put the name of the site on the car.

I'm NOT sure if he will do the logo or just the name, we haven't talked that far yet. If it's just the name, it's no biggie, but if he will do the logo, I need it to be resized larger.

I've tried (as a test) to make a mock logo at a larger size\dpi, and scale it down, but it looked like crap. And of course if I make it small and scale it up, it gets pixelated.

Any advice?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 20th 2001#3906 Report
A picture of the logo would be helpfull. Remake it in a vector program if you can.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 20th 2001#3908 Report
Yup, GC is right.

You really need a vector graphic to do it at billboard sizes. Just open/import the original into CorelDraw, Illustrator, Freehand or even Flash and Trace or recreate it in "some kind of" vector program.
Adobe streamline also
Then it can be enlarged to the size of a Billboard like you seen on the side of the interstate without quality loss.

Also, I have done several Billboards using Photos and I generally start with a 1200 DPI graphic...
they do tend to get a little pixelated if you go "too" big but at a distance of 30 yards noone is gonna see it.

hope this helps
Reply with Quote Reply
May 20th 2001#3911 Report
Yeah, I figured as much. All I have is Flash, so I guess I'll just try and create something a little simpler in Flash instead. Recreating what I have on paper will be hard enough in PS, much less trying to recreate it over and over again in different programs.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 20th 2001#3912 Report
The autotrace feature in Freehand kicks butt, get what you want and if you want me to I'll see if Freehand will trace it.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 20th 2001#3913 Report
Alright, that will work. If I can't come with anything in Flash, I'll just go with an original idea in PS.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum