TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Help - Curves, Web Design

Page: 1 Reply
May 19th 2001#3822 Report
I need help for a couple of things. I'm trying to re-produce some of the elements of the www.phong.com website.

1) Below the Flash animation, there is a curve that drops down. How do you do that?

2) Also, the news and the content bar also have curves in them - how do you do that?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3832 Report
Instead of having one background, they have the backgounds specified in the TD. They now how far apart those are and they break up the images to fit into the space as its own bg.

As far as getting the curve on the news and other portion, that's used as any other image, but they have a transparent BG. If you look at the curves, they don't over lap. This is allowing them to put the image in a new TD. Then you can have text on the side.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3838 Report
My question is this: how do you make the curves?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3839 Report
Basicly make the design with all the bg in phtoshop. I asssume you know how to make curves there. When you are ready to move to codeing. Clear all the text elemenst and make a table over the BG. I would recomend that you use a border of one to see where everything is at first. I would recomend that you create a far right < TD width='100%' > with a rowspan of all your TRs. Then, you use an image that is 1x1 and transparent. Specify the width and then set the hight at 1. You should begin to get all the text on the page right. Then you will want to break the BG into elements that work with the tables. With CSS tell the bg to not repet. There most likely will only be a few places you need to have a bg image, with the others use a BG color. One way that might be easier is to take it into image ready and make slices on the image. You can tell it to put text in a spot and the BG color. If this doesnt' make sense. Message me on AOL - tsg1985 or MSN - thespacegeek@passport.com. I can help you better from there.

By the way, there is nothing in HTML that allows you to make a curve. It has to be an image.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3840 Report
I know all the coding and such...I need help making the curves in PhotoShop.

btw, Thanks for all your help!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3845 Report
Simple answer....
Use the bezier "pen" tool. Its hard to master but once you get the basics down you'll be happy you did.

try this

http://designsbymark.com/pstips/misc_pentool.shtml
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3846 Report
This is all I've been able to make:

I need help smoothing it out like it is on phong.com.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3851 Report
Practice, practice, practice.....

the pen tool aint something you just pick up and are good at, it takes time and patients.

you could also try:

create your shape....Black on white

then go into Guassian Blur and use a setting like 4.0

Then go into the "Levels" pallet and move the 2 outside sliders toward the center till you get what you want.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3855 Report
I got it to work! Thanks guys!

Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2001#3860 Report
GOOD WORK!

just keeeeeep practicing.!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum