TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

dpi of a picture

Page: 1 Reply
May 18th 2001#3782 Report
I wonder what size of dpi you fill in when you're starting at an interface for a site in Photoshop.. So the screen resolution is 75 dpi. Do you set the image resolution at that 75 dpi, or do you set it higher to make more detailed pictures? and then , when finished you size it down? or what..doesn't the widht and the height of the picture change?

Please give me some feedback

greetz, CyberoX
Reply with Quote Reply
May 18th 2001#3784 Report
screen resolutions are at 72dpi, so if your doing web graphics, normally work at 72dpi, sometimes certain graphics can benefit from being worked on at double dpi, or higher and then sized down, but normally, just work at 72..

printing starts at 300 normally, magazines print at 600dpi, or higher,

thats my take on it..

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
May 18th 2001#3794 Report
actually, minimum print resolutions are calculated like this.....

Linescreen x 1.414 = minimum DPI....most people use
Linescreen x 1.5 = minimum DPI

So no they print resolutions don't really "start" anywhere. It depends on you LINESCREEN(LPI)

I print film on newpapers daily and all the images are 128 DPI to run on the press at a line screen of 85 LPI

85 x 1.5=127.5....hence the 128

Magazines at times are printed at 175 or even 200 LPI
bringing on very large file sizes at resolutions well over 300 DPI.

It should be mentioned, different printers with different imagers expect different resolution. but the minimum stays the same....you cant go below the sum of 1.414
multiplied by your linescreen.

As for web graphics .... I generally use 73dpi. why?
Heck I dont know....Lol!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum