TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Curving a air brush strokes???

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 9th 2001#3167 Report
Is there a way to take an air brushed line and curve part of it?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2001#3172 Report
best way to do it would be to make a pen path, and then stroke it with the airbrush tool...

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2001#3174 Report
How do I stroke a pen path?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2001#3175 Report
make the pen path in the shape you want it, then with the pen tool still selected, right click on the pen path and a sub menu should pop up, and there should be a stroke path thing..

I think anyways.. or you can go into the paths section, next to layers and channels, and click on the little arrow, and stroke path from there..

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2001#3176 Report
Pen tool is a total peice of garbage I can't create a simple line witch curves at both ends.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2001#3180 Report
Well the pen tool does definitely take some getting used to. I remember when I 1st started on PS, I gave up on EVERY SINGLE tuitorial that used the pen tool. I hated it. I still don't like it, but it takes quite a bit of practice to where it becomes a nice handy tool.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2001#3188 Report
Swimger...

I think an old adage is appropriate here:

"It's a poor workman who blames his tools for his mistakes"

It's quite apparent you don't have the slightest clue about how to properly manipulate paths.

It's almost like 15 year old student driver saying: "Dammit, this 747 jet really sucks because I can't even find the ignition key, let alone fly the thing. It's a total crap airplane."

Absolutely ridiculous.

Read, experiment and learn, son.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2001#3189 Report
"Crash course in brain surgery"
(Bozo button for whoever can tell me where that comes from)

the pen tool is really just playing dot-to-dot by clicking to add "nodes" or "points" and create a path between them.

access it by pressing the "P" key

cycle thru all the "sub" tools under the pen tool by pressing the "P"

smooth curved lines are made by clicking and dragging in the direction of the next "node" you are gonna place.

pay attention to the tiny icons that appear beside the pen tool as you are using it and/or cycling thru its tools.

the + will add "nodes" to an existing path (for fine tuning)

the - will take "nodes" away from an existing path (for fine tuning)

the one that looks like a standard "pointer" curser will move and adjust existing "nodes".

The pen tool IS kinda hard to get the hang of and at best time consuming, but can and will give you great results used properly. Seriously, read the help files and sections in the manual about the bezier(pen) tool. It will be worth the frustration.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2001#3196 Report
I'll have to go out to my Garage toDay and Re-Revisit all my old Budgie albums.

Uhhhmmm, can I possibly get some big floppy shoes to go with that button? The button is Metallic, and not plastic, right? They're much more collectable.

Reply with Quote Reply
May 10th 2001#3233 Report
Lol!....
well, Utopian gave just about every hint that can be given.....

Guess I'll have to drop ship that Metallic button

anybody else??
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum