TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Soft Edges for Alpha Channels?

Page: 1 Reply
May 8th 2001#3155 Report
Can any one tell me how to avoid jaggies (PS5) when I load an alpha channel and fill it with the paint bucket. I have the anti-alias checked. PSP6 has a soft edge feature....anything similiar here. Please help, I'm growing up and have to leave the toys (PSP6) behind!
Thanx,
Justin
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2001#3165 Report
well, you can gaussian blur it, then adjust the levels... thats about the only way I know..

Snore
Reply with Quote Reply
May 9th 2001#3177 Report
Ctrl+click the alpha layer you want to get rid of the jaggies then press ctrl+shift+I then hit the delete button then crtl+shift+I again to go back.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 11th 2001#3324 Report
got an example, Grass?
Reply with Quote Reply
May 11th 2001#3331 Report
Sorry tornupsidedown....I don't have anything on the web right now....soon though. My old sites have been outlived and removed by their servers. What I can tell you is, I drew my new interface on paper and scanned it into Illustrator 8. I traced it with then pen tool at one pixel thickness outline with no fill. I then imported into PS5 and used the magic wand to select the Items and saved them into an alpha channel. When I load the channel and fill, even with the anti-alias, i still get jaggies. I have played around with blurs, but with what I have in mind, I would really like a crisp line. Any ideas? I'll try to get an example of this up on this forum. In the meantime, if you don't mind, I have a jpeg (11K) of what I'm up to that I can e-mail you.
Thanx,
Justin
Reply with Quote Reply
May 12th 2001#3421 Report
Sure send it on...
I think the email function on the forum is off, but you can send it to

I will add however that "more than likley" your jaggies are coming from using the magic wand tool. (its kinda chunky when it makes a selection unless you have a solid value to select.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum