TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Scaling problem with imported photos

Page: 1 Reply
Mar 25th 2012#215593 Report
Hi,
I have problem with quality of my imported photos when I'd like to scale them, I'm loosing quality....
Any known issues ?
:confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2012#215594 Report
there are a few things it could but but most likely, the resolutions is to low. can you show us a sample?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 25th 2012#215596 Report
If they are too small trying to scale up will make them blurry (this happens anyway but with a larger photo it's harder to notice because you wouldn't scale up so much). If you are shrinking them make sure you preserve the aspect ratio of the image. This can be done by locking the pixel aspect ration in the scale menu or if you are free transforming them holding shift (on windows).
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 26th 2012#215664 Report
Hi
resolution is big, pictures are mostly 2048 x 1536 pixels,
but it doesn't matter if photo is big or not...
Problem appears when I want to scale it down in PS, before I do that quality is ok but sometimes photo is too large to my workspace (that's why I want to make it smaller).
Funny thing is that when I scale up again same photo and then I click "place" this photo looks ok ....
Please note that situation I'm talking about starts suddenly,
I had no problem like that before...
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 27th 2012#215673 Report
hi,
i don't kow to what size your resizing your image to.... and that very important to know to accurately reply....

if your resizing smaller... your taking away pixals.... and if you take away too many
your will lose quality,,, you lose details and it will maybe appear pixlated... therer no way out of that as far as a bitmap image...

also if your going to resize smaller, use bicubic sharper, if not satisfactory, try maybe try bicubic smoother....

although for editing i never like to resize smaller... if your issue that you can't squeez the whole image into the display... jack up the ppi.. this will result in larger file but pixall will be closer to gether and maybe you get the whole image shown.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 6th 2012#216159 Report
jerrylb said:hi,
i don't kow to what size your resizing your image to.... and that very important to know to accurately reply....

if your resizing smaller... your taking away pixals.... and if you take away too many
your will lose quality,,, you lose details and it will maybe appear pixlated... therer no way out of that as far as a bitmap image...

also if your going to resize smaller, use bicubic sharper, if not satisfactory, try maybe try bicubic smoother....

although for editing i never like to resize smaller... if your issue that you can't squeez the whole image into the display... jack up the ppi.. this will result in larger file but pixall will be closer to gether and maybe you get the whole image shown.

Me too.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum