TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Egomedia.com

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 30th 2001#2618 Report
I need help with making graphics that look identical to the people at Egomedia.com.

Noah
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2001#2620 Report
dude, make your own graphics, and graphical style, don't copycat someone elses work.. :( contrary to popular belief, imitation is not the sincerest form of flattery..

snore
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2001#2621 Report
I just wanted that style. I have seen it other places than egomedia.com. I think it is cool and I wasn't going to copycat the site. I want to know how to make it. Don't freak out on me.

Noah
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2001#2652 Report
I need help with making graphics that look identical to the people at Egomedia.com.

notice you made the "identical" in bold. To me that doesn't seem like you just wanted that style.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2001#2695 Report
Doesn't look like I will be posting anything on this forum any more.....

I will stick with Elated. At least they are helpful.

Noah
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2001#2696 Report
C'mon guys, like you have never used a grid before, you copied that right. I've seen the effect he means on some other sites too so it's not like steeling it. With identical he probably just ment identical sort of effect not identical image, come on!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2001#2729 Report
Thank you ZDevil! Now try to explain it to these guys.....

Noah
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2001#2739 Report
Sorry Noah,

I'm not sure why you got some "hot" posts. Dont judge this entire site by a few post though. There are some really helpful people on this forum. Some are just slower answering than others.

Now.... are you talking about the siloette affect of the 3 dudes?

*Start Soapbox session*
To the few people ready to torch Noah.
EAZZZZZZ UP! We dont want to run people off do we? He didn't want to take their graphics just recreate them with something in "HIS" head.

I really don't think "copycat'ing" effects and or duplicating "types" of graphics constitutes "ripping" does it?

IF so....shame on ALL of you (and me) for using the OuterBevel and InnerBevel layer effects! Lol!

Everyone here has tryed to duplicate, recreate, improve on, and/or simply achieve the same look and feel of something they've seen, touched or felt. Its the fruit we live off of.
Say you haven't ....you are not being truthfull, Simple as that.

However, going to a site ripping all the graphics and useing them with changed content....Now That is Ripping.

*End soap box session*
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2001#2745 Report
Thanks tornupinside. It really helps to know that there are good people on this forum.

Yes I was talking about the 3 guys.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2001#2747 Report
The effect for the guys can be achieved in a couple of ways.

1. Do an illustration by hand. Just put a low-opacity layer over top of the picture you want to illustrate, fill in with the pen or pencil tool or whatever you like.

2. Sometimes this can be achieved with the 'Cutout' filter, if you mess with it enough.

3. I have even achieved this effect by boosting the contrast of an image, then saving as a 2 color gif! When you do that, it averages everything to black and white, so you will get a pretty decent illustration. That is how I achieved that look on this image:

http://www.onceagainmusic.com/Desktop03-1024.jpg

Hope that helps you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum