TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Help with 300dpi

Page: 1 Reply
Oct 20th 2011#209009 Report
I feel kind of embarrassed to ask this question because I have been using PhotoShop for quite some time.
However, I have been doing only web-based graphics and I never cared about printing and about the technical stuff behind printing.
I don't even have a printer, it's that bad.

Now, my problem is that I want to send a graphic file to somebody and they require it to be 300dpi, so to be able to print it.
So, I just upped the dpi of the image document to 300 and it got scaled up and became blurry (which is normal and I have no problem with that).
So far so good...

The problem is that when I rick click and do "Print Size", to preview the file in its actual size, it looks blurrier than before the stretch!

I mean, obviously it's normal for the image to become blurry when you preview it stretched out, but why does the it look blurry in its Print Size too? :confused::confused::confused:
Isn't it supposed to go back to its original quality when PhotoShop shrinks it down for a "Print Size" preview?
I assume it will appear blurry on the print paper too.
Is there a way to fix that? I just need a quick fix (if there is one).

Thank you very much!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 20th 2011#209010 Report
sounds like you saved it as low resolution then are trying to increase size from that.......not gonna happen very well
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2011#209011 Report
iDad said:sounds like you saved it as low resolution then are trying to increase size from that.......not gonna happen very well

Not sure what you mean... :confused:
It's a 72 that I stretched out to 300 dpi.
However when I shrink the 300 dpi down for a Print Preview, it is a bit blurry, even when it is shrunken down to its previous dimensions.

What should I do to avoid this?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 21st 2011#209017 Report
^ Say what? :eek:
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum