TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Anyone good with adobe imageready need some help?

Page: 1 2 Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2373 Report
Would imageready be the best way to slice up images, create hot spots, mouseovers ect.. for web images, pages.

I've been messing around with it and I'm wondering can you slice a selection or layer.. If so how..

I'm sure I'll have more questions but I'll take it one at a time.

Thanks in advance..
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2374 Report
Ok I just figured out my own question muhahha.

But When I sliced the selection it makes slices all over the image is there a way to delete the extra sliced lines.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2375 Report
No offense, my friend, but judging by all the simple questions you've asked over the past couple of weeks you really need to spend some money on some books.

I've been a Photoshop user since version 2.5 b.l. (before layers), and I still refer to my printed library. Besides, it's a whole lot easier to take a book into the bathroom or read it in bed before going to sleep!

:D
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2376 Report
books suck I learn better by playing around and going thru tutorials and asking questions.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2378 Report
Books are a precious resource, you just have to find some that appeal to you. For me ...give me anything Deke McClelland has written and I'll read it cover to cover.
Well, now that I think about it, give me anything from pretty much any of the "Hungry Minds Inc" group and I'll read it.

search for either one of those at any seach engine and you'll find a virtual goldmine of great books.

Now for the thing......
Slicing in imageready is WAY simple... (now that I've done it several times)
just pull out guidelines the way you want the slices to be and go to the Slice menu and select "make slices from guides" It does the work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2001#2420 Report
Ya but that way still slices up the extra lines. Slicing is easy ya but how to you delete the extra lines when you create a slice.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 27th 2001#2426 Report
If you have a bunch of unneeded slices just delete em (select them and hit delete) and resize neighboring slices to take their places.
Dotn be afraid you are gonna mess anything up, just experiment with things.
after the slices are made you can make a bunch of little tiny slices into one big slice by doing just what I said.
delete all those little ones and resize a neighboring slice to cover the area left empty by deleting them.

does that help?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 27th 2001#2429 Report
Maybe I'm explaining this wrong. After making a selection and going to make slice from selection it makes the slice around my selection but it puts these blue lines vertical and horizontal all the way accross my image. I don't want them can you get rid of em
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 27th 2001#2440 Report
Now I'm Lost, Let me try to whip up something real fast.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 27th 2001#2443 Report
Sorry, I got side tracked and forgot about ya

I whipped this up really quick, See if it helps you.

Warning.....over 200k

http://home.hiwaay.net/~cbutts/oddstuff/slicing/slice.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum