TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Beginner Questions

Page: 1 Reply
Dec 20th 2010#201286 Report
Hey guys,

I've got some beginner photoshop cs5 questions that I'm hoping you can help with. I'm attempting to design my first website layout via photoshop and ran into some trouble with little tasks.

I used grids in order to set up the layout I wanted which worked fine since I know the pixels that I want everything to be. Now I'm making the actual images that I'll be using. Here are my problems:

1) When I make any shape there is a black border around it. How do I remove this border?

2) I was creating navbar separators that were just straight lines like | and I wanted to copy that line because I thought that would be easy then making separate one's. I need to have it the exact size as well. I can't seem to be able to copy it without linking it to the original line, so when I attempt to move it all the lines move. This doesn't work out well because the names in the header are all different widths and it needs to be centered.

3) How do I make the font inside the header centered between the top and the bottom?

4) I created a layer called "Shapes" which has my basic building blocks of the site but when I click off of that layer the shapes disappear. How do I get them to stay visible? (the eye is still showing but it's disappearing)

These are the small things that I've run into so far. I'm hoping you guys can help me out!

-macadoo500
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 22nd 2010#201377 Report
How do I make the font inside the header centered between the top and the bottom?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum