TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Erratic behavior when viewing files

Page: 1 Reply
Sep 9th 2010#200195 Report
Hello,

RE: iMac, OSX 10.6.4

I've had a multitude of problems lately, but in short I have a new hard drive and have topped out my memory at 3Gb. However, I still do not understand why when viewing images and documents from Macintosh HD -> Home Folder -> Search this is still happening: the file list will not stay still! The list keeps bouncing around like a ping pong ball, no matter what viewing mode I am in. It is really annoying because I am fighting to scroll down and when I find a file to drill down on, the list jumps and I lose my place. The "jumping" seems to be happening at regular intervals, perhaps every 5-7 seconds.

I know this may sound more like a general OSX issue. However, read on:

I have also noticed that all stock Adobe (Photoshop Elements) images on these file lists are highlighted in green. I never noticed this before. I do know that when I bring up these "jumping" file lists, the first file the list seems to be fixed on is the first Adobe stock image on the list, even though it is never the first file in the list (no matter how the list is sorted). And it stays fixed on that file unless I manually change it.

I am just curious to know if any other Photoshop users on Mac have experienced a similar problem.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. I Googled this issue using many different combinations of keywords with no useful search results.

Thanks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 9th 2010#200196 Report
i use mac, never used a pc or windows I have never seen what you describe want to try that again?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 15th 2010#200248 Report
Just wanted to follow-up: the problem was solved, or at least alleviated, by turning OFF File Vault. So it was not a Photoshop issue after all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum