TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

N00B seeking help on cleaning edges of a cut picture

Page: 1 Reply
May 14th 2010#198916 Report
When I cut a picture, lets say a face from inside a photo i end up with something that its edges are full of "steps" and its clerly visible that this bit has been taken out of an image. The edges are not curvy and smooth. How do I clear the edges so that the cut out bit appears as if this was the photo itself? I hope i make myself clear enough. Would appreciate some help. Thanks

P.S. Many thanks to the founders for this great forum
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2010#198917 Report
hi

several way to do it that might work for you..
1. when you do your selection... put in a 1 pixal feather

2. another way.... is use a vector mask and pen tool .. now the edges may be too sharp.... but using the blur too at a very low setting you can soften the edges to get them blend where they look more natural..

3. depending on the image you might be able to use channel masking...
there several tutorial on the net for that...
Reply with Quote Reply
May 15th 2010#198920 Report
jerrylb said:hi

several way to do it that might work for you..
1. when you do your selection... put in a 1 pixal feather

2. another way.... is use a vector mask and pen tool .. now the edges may be too sharp.... but using the blur too at a very low setting you can soften the edges to get them blend where they look more natural..

3. depending on the image you might be able to use channel masking...
there several tutorial on the net for that...

Thank you but am a n00b and can't follow your instructions. Also i don't know which terminology to put on google in order to come up with the solution.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 15th 2010#198921 Report
At the top of this page your looking at there are tutorials of all sorts (link)
http://www.teamphotoshop.com/Tutorial-15,8.html
I suggest you watch lots of them jerry's explanation was a very basic explanation,but if your having problems understanding your best bet is to study the tutorials before you attempt to just jump in... seriously study the tutorials you'll pickup all sorts of searching methods
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum