TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Decrease canvas size by removing a selection from the middle?

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 31st 2009#198513 Report
Is it possible to reduce canvas size by having a set width or height removed from the center of the image and having the remaining sides collapse in together?

For example, say I have a 800x600 image, and I want to remove a 800x100 horizontal slice from the middle, thus reducing the image dimensions to 800x500.

Is there a (reasonably short) way of doing something like this in Photoshop (CS4)?

Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 31st 2009#198514 Report
There's no way to collapse your art to fill in the deleted space. The easiest way, IMHO, would just be to create a second canvas at the size you want, and after deleting what you don't want, slide the remaining art into the new canvas. You'll probably have to use the marquee tool to cut up your art, and reassemble it on the new canvas.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2009#198534 Report
hi,
now i am just a novice and i don't have cs4... but i have been reading up on one of the features of cs4 .... and it seems like you might be able to do that with what called in cs4 "content aware" ... not sure...

this is a little tutorial on it....
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-use-content-aware-scale-tool-in-photoshop-cs4-258325/view/

longtalker said:Is it possible to reduce canvas size by having a set width or height removed from the center of the image and having the remaining sides collapse in together?

For example, say I have a 800x600 image, and I want to remove a 800x100 horizontal slice from the middle, thus reducing the image dimensions to 800x500.

Is there a (reasonably short) way of doing something like this in Photoshop (CS4)?

Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum