TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Enhancing Aurora in Photoshop

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 29th 2009#198493 Report
Hi,

I am quite new to using Photoshop so I hope there is a fairly simple solution to this. I have taken some photographs of some aurora (nothern lights), and due to some local light pollution I was unable to have the exposure as long as I would have liked and therefore the Aurora are not as bright or as dramatic as I would like. I am wondering how I can enhance the Aurora (which are green and have some curtain like detail in them) in Photoshop. Just to make it clear, I am not trying to create an Aurora effect, I am trying to enhance a real photograph of the Aurora.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Dabber
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2009#198496 Report
The best way to do this is through curves (Image>Adjustments>Curves). Not only can you mess with the light levels, but you can go into the individual red, green, and blue (RBG) channels, and adjust their strengths as well, which can help you make those greens pop.

Good luck!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2009#198497 Report
Thanks Raijer!

By playing around with the curves I was able to make my photo look much better. I've now printed it off and framed it.

Thank you!
Dabber
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 30th 2009#198498 Report
You're welcome. I wish I could see the finished photo. I haven't seen Northern Lights since 98 or so. Absolutely incredible.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum