TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

How to fix green pictures???

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 20th 2009#198391 Report
My iphone has been taking some wierd pictures. Does anybody know how i would put these back to their regular color using photoshop? I'm a noob with photoshop so be very clear with steps, thanks!

Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2009#198392 Report
Yeah, your iphone camera is shot, it looks to me. Digital cameras basically have sensors that detect light in three different spectrums: red, blue, and green - RBG. Your camera appears to have lost its red and blue sensors altogether.

That said, Ps color correction is usually done by manipulating the balance and/or levels of RGB light. These pics, however, only have green information. Without the additional red and blue information, there's nothing for Ps to work with.

The only real solution here is a new camera I'm afraid. :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2009#198394 Report
hi,

Raijer mentioned nothing can be done on this image... the red and blue chanels are dead and the green channel is extremely bad ... it looks like your either going to need to repair or replace your ipod... which ever is cheaper..

this is just for the future.... there many different meathods and variations of them to remove color cast/tinting .....

a common meathod is to use your your level or curves adjustment layers , initially using the eye droper to set white point and grey points and then make adjustment ...
you may apply this meathod to the overall picture or go into your channel palletted and apply to each channel ... which ever works better for you ..

now there a lot of tutorials on this subject and you may want to do a little searching find one your comfortable with in understanding..... here acouple i grab...
http://www.bairarteditions.com/pages/tutorials/photoshop/cblevels.html
http://mgreerphoto.blogspot.com/2006/12/photoshop-adjustment-layer-curves.html

note: i like curves sometimes because it tends to help with sharpening...

s75l said:My iphone has been taking some wierd pictures. Does anybody know how i would put these back to their regular color using photoshop? I'm a noob with photoshop so be very clear with steps, thanks!

Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 20th 2009#198396 Report
Thanks guys. I'll give those tutorials a try
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum