TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Setting PNG as Default

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 18th 2009#198376 Report
Hello everyone =]

So basically I have Photoshop Elements 6, and I'm an animator. As you all might have guessed, I have to save a TON of frames! And every time I save a frame, I have to change the default format to .png (that's my preferred format anyway...) I was wondering if there was any way that I could change the default for saving to PNG? Because changing this every single time is getting to be monotonous...

Thanks!
-Felli
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2009#198377 Report
Hmm... that's a good question. Off the top of my head, I'd say the answer is no - frankly, I don't even think I have that option in PsCS3 (if I'm wrong, I hope someone can set me straight!).

I'm wondering if there is some kind of work-around though - maybe through a template file/frame that's already a png (which will make png the default file format when you go to save it again).

Wish I could be more help on this.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2009#198379 Report
hi,

interesting question.... in other programs i would look at either a registery entry or some ini file.... or script.. to change the default setting ..but I couldn't find anything like that for PS .....

The only work around i can think of maybe... is using a combination of action script and using the batch command...

note: elements 6 i do not know if you can create actions... i am just assuming it can....

now this link..... is about photoshop but should be similer to your elements 6 ... and it talking about saving in jpg.... but change that part to png... http://onlinephototutorials.com/2008/07/30/batch-save-using-photoshop/

i hope there usefull there or maybe give you further ideas... good luck

Fellixe46 said:Hello everyone =]

So basically I have Photoshop Elements 6, and I'm an animator. As you all might have guessed, I have to save a TON of frames! And every time I save a frame, I have to change the default format to .png (that's my preferred format anyway...) I was wondering if there was any way that I could change the default for saving to PNG? Because changing this every single time is getting to be monotonous...

Thanks!
-Felli
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum