TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Using pen tool for colord curves

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 18th 2009#198369 Report
Hi,
I have a question about the pen tool in Photoshop, I would like to make drawings as a simple colored dividing curves I found no simple way to achieve this, first found solution is to trace with Tool pen the desired shape (open form), then using the Layout panel, apply a color on edge, the problem with this method is that if you change the shape of the trace thereafter, the initial color persists mena sdoesn't move withe resized trace and it's embarrassing. the second found solution is to use a vector layer, but the problem is that traces are always closed(means closed shaps only) and the colored outline is applied on all around the shape , it works well with the closed form but not with the simple forms.

Any idea how to draw a single line or an open colored curve with photoshop.

Thank you.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2009#198370 Report
My apologies, but I'm not really clear on what you're asking. For example, when you say "apply a color on edge" does that mean you're applying a stroke to a pen path? It kind of sounds like it, but a stroke will always move if you change the shape of the path. So when you say it doesn't move with the resized trace, I figure I must be misunderstanding you! ;)

You can draw a single line with the line tool, and the pen tool, and there are different ways to color these lines. Maybe you can post a pic to give us a better idea of what you're looking for.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum