TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

path curving problem?

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 15th 2009#198330 Report
I am a beginner with photoshop but have used it for basic stuff for a while. Now I am getting back into it and have a problem with the path tool. When I do one curve and want to do another curve the same direction as the first. The second curve goes the opposite direction and if I try to twist the anchors so it goes the same direction the path goes all twisty and weird. help please?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2009#198335 Report
Perhaps you are not using it correctly, make sure you drag in the direction you want the line to go... The pen tool can be difficult to master.

Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2009#198341 Report
well... my problem is if I do a curve like in your image and I even click again the path wants to do a U like curve not the M like curve(like your curve).
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2009#198347 Report
hawkeye explains it right, but based on your last post, what you need to do is option+click (Mac) or alt+click (PC) on the handles. This allows you to operate each handle separately (instead of having the handles operate in tandam), which in turn lets you make sharp corners, or in your case, make an "M" type shape.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2009#198348 Report
thanks both of u problem is cleared up
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum