TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Novice question: JPEG 'watery' when put online!

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 10th 2009#198275 Report
Hi all,

Great site! I have a question. I am saving a jpeg for the web, using the save for web function, it looks sharp and the colours are perfect in photoshop. But when I upload it to the web (a facebook group page to be specific) it looks as if somone has poured water over it or like the colours are smudged. Does anyone know how I can fix this!

Thanks a lot

Richie
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2009#198278 Report
hi,
just a novice my self..... and hope some one more knowleadable in this area joins in and give a better answer.....

the issue is generally the profile of the image that the problem... and i am not that knowleagable .. but here a couple things will maybe help you...

"Open your original scanned image in Photoshop. If the original image has an embedded profile, convert the profile into an "sRGB IEC6 1966-2.1" Profile." (Image/Mode/Convert to Profile). To avoid your images changing color when they show up on the web, this so-called "web profile" must be used"

2. this article i think is fairly good..... look toward the end of the article under color profile..... http://www.brainbell.com/tutorials/Photoshop/New_File_for_the_Web.html

RichJC said:Hi all,

Great site! I have a question. I am saving a jpeg for the web, using the save for web function, it looks sharp and the colours are perfect in photoshop. But when I upload it to the web (a facebook group page to be specific) it looks as if somone has poured water over it or like the colours are smudged. Does anyone know how I can fix this!

Thanks a lot

Richie
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2009#198279 Report
Yeah, it could be your color profile... I hadn't thought of that. When I think of "smudged" or "watery" jpegs, the first thing I imagine the problem being are bad jpeg artifacts. Of course, I would imagine this would show up when you look at the optimized jpeg in the Save for Web window. Still, just out of curiousty, are you also previewing your optimized pic in a browser? It's just one extra step when you're in the Save for Web window. After you select your jpeg quality/file size setting, click the "Preview in Default Browser" button at the bottom of the Save for Web window. This should show you exactly how the pic will look in a browser, as opposed to just how it will look in Ps alone.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum