TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Need help with Vector Masks

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 3rd 2009#198227 Report
Im new to Photoshop, and im trying to figure out how to cut out part of an image and completely turn it into something else. So far ive been able to figure out how to outline the image with the pen tool and then select "Vector Mask". Then the background of what i didnt select disappears which is what i want. So then i try to use a gradient to fill in behind what i cut out, and instead the gradient fills in what i cut out. How do i make it fill in behind the cut out instead of inside?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2009#198228 Report
hi i am novice myself...
a couple of ways..... what you might do is once you have your gradiant is then adjust the opacity .....
what i sometimes do... is when i have the object selected... i will then create a new layer.... then apply the gradiant and then adjust the opacity ... that works for me on most images.. give me a little more control

Channelz said:Im new to Photoshop, and im trying to figure out how to cut out part of an image and completely turn it into something else. So far ive been able to figure out how to outline the image with the pen tool and then select "Vector Mask". Then the background of what i didnt select disappears which is what i want. So then i try to use a gradient to fill in behind what i cut out, and instead the gradient fills in what i cut out. How do i make it fill in behind the cut out instead of inside?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2009#198230 Report
You don't need a vector mask. Turn the path into a selection then copy and paste to a new layer, or even a new image.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum