TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Create a confetti like effect with multiple pictures

Page: 1 Reply
Aug 2nd 2009#198216 Report
I have a ton of icons 100x100 and I made a droplet to import them into a document as separate layers and make them 125X125. I now need to make all of the images look like they are falling out of a hole, like confetti squares. is there a way I can make each image/layer look like it is falling, randomly ( I don't want each image to have the same perspective.) I really need this to be automated (I have over 500 icons) . If there is no way to do this, please let me know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2009#198252 Report
Any sort of automation of this sort would be more complex than would be pragmatic. In essence, you're looking for a script that would designate an x/y coordinate for over 500 different icons. I'm not saying it can''t be done... I'm sure there are brilliant programers up to the task. But finding such a person, and convincing them to script this behavior would probably be harder than simply doing the task by hand.

That said, if I were doing this, I wouldn't use Ps for this task. I'd use Illustrator instead. You can import each icon into an Ai file as a symbol, bring all the symbols/icons onto the AI page, and then use the large selection of symbol tools to randomize/arrange all these icons a LOT more easily - a complete breeze, really, when compared to doing the task in Ps. When you're satisfied with the results, simply import this file into your Ps file.

Anyway, just a suggestion. Good luck.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum