TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

resizing image

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 30th 2009#198189 Report
I have just moved on to Ps in CS4 from Ps 7.

I have just opened up an image from a file in order to resize it for placing into an InDesign document.

The image is 16cm (1986p) x 15cm (1812) at 300dpi.

I resized it to 3cm wide at 300 dpi with the following boxes checked: scale styles/constrainproportions/resample image/bicubic.

But the image is very pixellated when reduced and taken into ID, even tho reduced in size from the original. I've done this dozens of times in Ps 7 abd never had this happen. So what is wrong? Can anyone help? Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 30th 2009#198190 Report
try this in resizing window check off:
/bicubic Sharper (best for reduction)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 31st 2009#198194 Report
Thanks for the suggestion - I tried that but it's still very pixellated.Most peculiar, since the original image was pin sharp and I am reducing it by quite a bit. In the end I took the original large image into the InDesign document and reduced it there, but I don't want to have to do that every time. This never happened with PS 7.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2009#198198 Report
Just a suggestion as I'm not sure if you've already thought of this, but ID is set to display photos in a very lo-res manner. It really helps speed up the work. In order to see what your photos, or any other thing that you've imported into ID, in a way that displays it the way it should look, right click on the image in ID and from the context menu that pops up select Display Performance > High.

Hopefully, this should solve your problem.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2009#198207 Report
Genius! So simple.... thanks! lDoes the High Quality setting ensure that what you see is the actual quality of the printed image, or is there another way to ensure this?
Gratefully....
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2009#198248 Report
Yeah, the High Quality setting gives you the closest thing to the actual quality of the imported image that you're going to see in ID. To get the best proof of "actual quality" though, you need to check your ID file in its final setting - i.e., if it's a web image, check the final product in a variety of browsers. If it's for the printing press, the best way to check is to get a color proof from your printer, which, once you approve that, the printers will then use as a guide when adjusting the colors on the press. If you just want to get a basic proof, I find PDFs work pretty well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum