TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Very large design/Tiling Background Help!!

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 28th 2009#198155 Report
ok so i need to produce a very high quality .jpg as a final product so that a vinyl can be printed the size of 96 in x 24 in....

(it seemed obvious that i make a custom .psd of 24 in. x 96 in., but this could be very wrong so feel free to comment if it is)

i am not a complete newbie at Photoshop but i do not have very much experience ...i no the basics (how program works, tool functions/location etc.)

i have a design in mind and have been researching tutorials etc....so here it is:

i want to background the whole image with "digi camo"....except i want the camo to be orange/purple/white, all the "digi camo" tutorials on line didn't really make a good picture but i actually found a generator website and have attached a photo of the base of the digi camo i want. Now my first task would be i guess "tiling" this pattern to stretch the whole document? I have researched tiling but have been getting awful results from following the tutorials, was hoping someone could help me out with tiling and/or creating a consistent pattern tile so as not to show breaks(visible line) on the final background

thanks for taking the time to read this...i might have some more questions to come but this is top priority at the moment
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2009#198156 Report
I'm not sure I quite understand what you're trying to do. Do you want to take the posted art and increase its size to 96" x 24"? If that's the case, I'd use Illustrator to do the dirty work here, because it is a strong vector-based program. That means you can blow something up to as large as you want, without a decrease in quality. You can't really do this with a pixel-based program like Photoshop.

If you absolutely have to tile it, what I wold is generate LOTS of different digi cami patterns and piece them together - not exactly tiling. More like overlapping all these patterns to fill the area you want. Just using one pattern will, like you've said, look pretty bad.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2009#198157 Report
ok sorry if my first post was confusing...i want a background of a bunch of pixels like the sample photo attached. I am going to add other layers on top of it with logo's and stuff. It's for a custom beer pong table if that helps at all..., so u think i should still use illustrator?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2009#198159 Report
If you want to blow that one square up to 96" x 24", yeah, I'd go with Illustrator. You can import that image, and have Illustrator trace it. Then it becomes a vector-based graphic, which means you can blow that thing up to any size you want - 96" x 24" or a billboard or the side of a building.

Once you get your design the size you want in Illustrator, you can always import it back into Photoshop if you want.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2009#198160 Report
thanks raijer, but no i don't want to blow that one square up...i want to create a seamless pattern of it so that that one sample becomes multiplied to look like a "full suit" of digi camo. I think by blowing it up in illustrator it will just stretch the sample and make the pixels extremely large and not like the delicate millions of "pixels" used to create the "digi camo" look
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2009#198171 Report
sorry for being impatient but can anyone help me??
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2009#198201 Report
I would suggest going to your generator website, and just pump out a huge load of different tiles. Then, open your photoshop file at the size you want for outout with an orange background sampled from the camo art. From there, just open all the different generated camo images, and start slidin' 'em into to your image. Fill it up. Arrange them randomly. Use the eraser tool if you have to.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum