TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Colouring a ferry?

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 26th 2009#198150 Report
Hi there!

I am about to change colour of the ferry pictured below to white. (I mean the colour of the lower part of the ferry should be all over the ferry), and I also want to remove the clouds on the upper part...

As I am kind of a newbie at Photoshop, the first result was terrible, won't show it here :p...

Does anyone have any hints for me?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2009#198158 Report
Well, there's a few ways to go about it. First, try out the Color Replacement tool, under the Images menu - Images>Adjustments>Color Replacement. You can sample the color you want to replace - in this case the clouds, and then sample the color you want the clouds to be - the blue. You'll probably want to place a selection around the area you're working, and choose the "selection" radial button on the Color Replacement window, which will limit the color change to just the area you want, and not have it effect the whole pic. You'll have to play around with it a bit, and you'll still have touch up work to do, but this tool will get you pretty close.

For the bottom, I'd probably use the cloning tool to render out the art work on the ship's hull.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2009#198413 Report
Ok, thanks for the reply.
But now I came to the point where I have to colour the upper half of the ship white.

Which is the easiest way to do this?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2009#198415 Report
Hey DuelBall. Use the method I gave you above for Color Replacement, just reverse the colors. Sample the color you want to replace - now it's the blue, and then sample the color you want to replace it with - the whites in the clouds. Again, you'll have to play around with it, but you should be able to get it close enough to just need a bit of touch up work with the clone tool.

Good luck.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum