TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

[Photoshop CS4] How to place layers evenly around a circle?

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 25th 2009#198145 Report
I've been trying to figure this out for over a month, I can't find anything on google other than ppl referring to using imageready for this task and of course imageready has been integrated into Photoshop CS4.

What I want to do is evenly distribute layers around a circle, each layer must be evenly spaced.

This image is just a very quick and dirty example of what I want (aside from the fact that it isnt evenly distributed and I just painted dots around). What I want to do is evenly place these dots around the circle, each dot must be the same distance from the one beside it and across from it.

If anyone has a solution for this, I'd be very grateful. I've been trying to figure this out for awhile.

Thanks,

Chris.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2009#198146 Report
That is something better done in Illustrator, but if I had to do it in PS:

I'd use transform and set the degree of rotation in the options.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2009#198147 Report
How would I do it in Illustrator? I have illustrator as well.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 26th 2009#198148 Report
Essentially the same. Use the rotation tool and select the degree of rotation. Hit ctrl D to repeat all the way around the circle. Remember a circle has 360 degrees, so you need to use an even number for it to come out properly.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2009#198206 Report
I'm surprised I didnt think of this before. Thanks for your help, this has proven to be very useful or me.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2009#198329 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum