TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

photo displays slowing down

Page: 1 Reply
Jul 2nd 2009#197899 Report
don't see this problem anywhere and hope it is an easy fix. I use CS3 to open 2-3 mgb photos into PS for corrections. Up until about 3 days ago, I could open a dozen or more photos for resizing, color correction, etc. and all photos would open at a rate of 1 per second. Now it takes 2-3 seconds for them to open to process . Can't remember changing any settings in my workspace, and can't find any info about this problem in my PS books. Any suggestions? My dell 690 has duo core processors at 3.4 GHz with 4 GB DDR2 ram running windows XP pro. No new programs added recently and other image programs such as photovista and panorama factory seem to be as fast as usual.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2009#197901 Report
hi,
I don't have cs3 but cs1, my experience with PScs, it will start to slow down if my hard drive starts getting too fragmented... a good defrag helps lot with me....

also afte along day the pc been on.. the various caches in the system they get full and don't clear out properly... and a reboot clears that up...

see if defrag and reboot helps out..

pics4hire said:don't see this problem anywhere and hope it is an easy fix. I use CS3 to open 2-3 mgb photos into PS for corrections. Up until about 3 days ago, I could open a dozen or more photos for resizing, color correction, etc. and all photos would open at a rate of 1 per second. Now it takes 2-3 seconds for them to open to process . Can't remember changing any settings in my workspace, and can't find any info about this problem in my PS books. Any suggestions? My dell 690 has duo core processors at 3.4 GHz with 4 GB DDR2 ram running windows XP pro. No new programs added recently and other image programs such as photovista and panorama factory seem to be as fast as usual.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2009#198008 Report
thanks for the advice. tried a defrag (which was badly needed) took almost 6 hours, but no increased display speed. Turned off my computer and deleted files such as cookies, history, etc. but it didn't help. Any other suggestions?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum