TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Seperating image into only two colours

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 26th 2009#197842 Report
Hi, I'm designing some tshirts and I need to make the image I'm working on COMPLETELY black and white with absolutely no grey, but I can't seem to work out how to do it. Any help would be much appreciated x
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 27th 2009#197852 Report
hi,
don't have a image to works with.....
now i am just a novice but seems like there several ways to do that... now these are just a couple of ways..
a. under filter gallery... using the stamp or the photocopy will give pure black and white....
b. another meathod i use for make sillouetts.. is select my person/object.... and then using hue and sat take the lightness bar to zero.. everything is nice black ...

but like i mentioned.. there man ways... and many times it depends on the image which is best..

Pillowmint said:Hi, I'm designing some tshirts and I need to make the image I'm working on COMPLETELY black and white with absolutely no grey, but I can't seem to work out how to do it. Any help would be much appreciated x
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 27th 2009#197854 Report
Thanks, but it for some reason the photocopy filter doesn't seem to have an effect and messing with the brightness and contrast seems to work a little but not enough to really deal with the problem :S

here's the image I'm editing so you can get a better idea of what it is I'm trying to achieve.

I essentially want to make all of the white completely white without any grey whatsoever. Any help appreciated
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 28th 2009#197855 Report
hi,
keep in mind just a novice but been playing around with it alittle bit..

first i assumed you didn't want all those white specks in that siloette...

a couple of different ways i did it...
a. i selected the man and i just painted everything inside black... that easily got rid of those specks...
b. then i use the magic wand a couple of time with a large tolerance...
c. then set color to white and again used the brush.... that got a lot of the grey.....
d. had to use the wand again but selected spedifically the greys.... and painted white... at this point i could no find any offwhite spots...

2. another meathod i used...
a. after i took care of eliminateing the spots in the guy......
b. i used the brightness and contrast filter... this work fairly well for me.... had to be carefull with the contrast and not over do it... in fact with the first meathod if there doubts of any greys left might do just a little with the contrast adjustment....

3. now with both..... i also used the dodge tool/highlights a little bit....

4. another method that worked well is the channel mixer.... checkmark the monochrom box and then adjust the various channel it works but you need to do a little experimentation.. not to over do it
5. using threshold... but had to be real caefull not to overdo it... ended up with alot specks...

hope that helps a littlbit let me know

Pillowmint said:Thanks, but it for some reason the photocopy filter doesn't seem to have an effect and messing with the brightness and contrast seems to work a little but not enough to really deal with the problem :S

here's the image I'm editing so you can get a better idea of what it is I'm trying to achieve.

I essentially want to make all of the white completely white without any grey whatsoever. Any help appreciated
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum