TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Cropping scanned images

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 25th 2009#197817 Report
I am trying to scan some kids artwork and import into photoshop - I can do that bit!

Then I want to crop the image so that it is around the edge of the actual picture. That is - I dont want a butterfly shape (for example) with a white box around it.

I want to paste the images onto a background colour and don't want the white square around the shape on the background!

Man I hope that makes sense!:o

Does anyone know if I can save the image like that in photoshop!

TIA!

Jen
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 25th 2009#197827 Report
first you try with photo shop you will get it with out suggestion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 26th 2009#197835 Report
hi,
fairly simple....
1. on each of your image files use the marquee tool to outline what you want to keep in the image
2. then go to image>crop....
3. then then save...... that it for the cropping you have in mind...

now as far as putting the various pictures.. what your talking about is making a collage.... there a ton of tutorials on the net .. but basically, create a new canvas.... put in the color background you want...... and then open one image at a time... do a "select all" then copy.... then bring up your new canvas... and paste... after that yo can easily transform or and move around the image.... for place ments... and to that for each image... like i said do a net search for photoshop tutorials collage ... and you get all kinds of hits...

jas said:I am trying to scan some kids artwork and import into photoshop - I can do that bit!

Then I want to crop the image so that it is around the edge of the actual picture. That is - I dont want a butterfly shape (for example) with a white box around it.

I want to paste the images onto a background colour and don't want the white square around the shape on the background!

Man I hope that makes sense!:o

Does anyone know if I can save the image like that in photoshop!

TIA!

Jen
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 2nd 2009#197908 Report
you should first use the photoshop basics and after that it will be fair easy for you to continue...I have search a link www.photoshopsociety.org. I think you find some relevant data.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 3rd 2009#197928 Report
In Photoshop, there are many ways to cut out an image and paste it somewhere else. What you're looking to do is one of the most basic, yet elusive, of Photoshop tasks. If you indeed have a white background behind your butterfly shape, you probably should be able to use the magic wand tool. If that fails, perhaps you can learn to use the pen tool, a skill that will let you extract any image for placement elsewhere.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum