TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Patch Tool problem..got me puzzled....

Page: 1 Reply
Jun 19th 2009#197763 Report
Only been using the patch tool for a couple of weeks and its been fine, but it has stopped working. I select Source and draw the area i want then move it over the area i want it to be replaced with.. it shows it fine, but when i release the colour goes all cloudy and its not clear, its sort of behaving like the healing brush does in Normal mode ( i.e. not a perfect copy like replace mode)
It does the same if i choose destination , all ok till release then funny colours.. I have reset the tool deleted my Prefs. I can't for the life of me think what i have done. The really strange thing is that it is doing it on my home PC and my work PC.. I am right in thinking the tool is supposed to work like i want it to i.e if i have an Orange and an Apple next to each other i should be able to draw a section out of the apple and replace it with a section of the Orange...and it be a perfect copy....
Sorry but i think you get my drift..
I've done a search and can't find any suggestions anywhere so sorry if its been covered before..

Thanks a lot
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2009#197765 Report
Like this...the area marked was patch tooled from the apple, you can only just see the apple skin..Its perfect till release....

Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2009#197767 Report
it looks like the opacity is removed somewhat check both those
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2009#197770 Report
i did'nt think the patch tool had an opacity setting...
It is doing the same as the healing brush does in normal mode, If i use replace in healing brush its spot on .an exact copy , this is what my patch tool was doing till a few days ago.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2009#197774 Report
hi,
they talk about all the benfits of the patch tool but never the limitations.. smiling.... so not surprised you could find anything ...

just a novice myself... but I had the same issue sometimes it seems to work and sometime get blurry or smudge results or unexpected undesired results...... but i did a little research... and this is what i come up with...

1. keep in mind the patch tool is sort of a combination of a couple of tools, and can be extremely helpfull in images..... however keep in mind... what it does is that it will adjust/blend for texture, shading, light, brightness values and such...

2. if the the colors are to dominent or contrasting between source and distination.... then in my expereience youget the results you discribe...! if not worse...lol ...

3. now there appears to be some trickes such as using duplicate layers and such... but i was never successfull at them.. one of the tricks i use if it was aboslute neccessry to use the patch tool is the are i want to replace... i will cut out and replace change the general tonal color to match the source.... and then use the patch tools... but i don't like since i am guessing what i need and seem extra work...

so in my expereience the source and destination needs to be close in tonal quality ...

4. so in those situations the patch tool doesn't work well then it the healing brush or the clone stamp on duplicate layers and adjust opacity for selected areas if required,. etc .....

you might wat to read this article on on use and limitation
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/mac/2002/05/07/photoshop7.html

also this sort of address when to use the patch tool and certain techniques one can uses.... haven't tried some of the step yet.. my self yet....

http://www.visualprogression.com/profiles/blog/show?id=1976985%3ABlogPost%3A4433

so that what research i came up with and my thoughts.... i hope it helpful

crazant said:Only been using the patch tool for a couple of weeks and its been fine, but it has stopped working. I select Source and draw the area i want then move it over the area i want it to be replaced with.. it shows it fine, but when i release the colour goes all cloudy and its not clear, its sort of behaving like the healing brush does in Normal mode ( i.e. not a perfect copy like replace mode)
It does the same if i choose destination , all ok till release then funny colours.. I have reset the tool deleted my Prefs. I can't for the life of me think what i have done. The really strange thing is that it is doing it on my home PC and my work PC.. I am right in thinking the tool is supposed to work like i want it to i.e if i have an Orange and an Apple next to each other i should be able to draw a section out of the apple and replace it with a section of the Orange...and it be a perfect copy....
Sorry but i think you get my drift..
I've done a search and can't find any suggestions anywhere so sorry if its been covered before..

Thanks a lot
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2009#197775 Report
http://www.r4-card.com
r4-nintendo.com have the best array of M3 real cards, R4 ds cards, R4 dsi cards and the NEW Acekards 2 downloads we hope you take pleasure in using this site whilst getting only the best for your DS!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2009#197776 Report
http://www.r4-card.com
r4-card.com have the hottest selection of R4 DS cards, R4 DSi cards, M3 real cards, and the NEW Acekard 2 downloads. We hope you benefit greatly from using this site whilst getting truly the easiest media enhancers you could ever imagine having for your DS console!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2009#197777 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 20th 2009#197778 Report
http://www.r4-para-ds.es
Juego Nintendo R4
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum