TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Button (pin) badge making on cs3

Page: 1 Reply
May 14th 2009#197584 Report
Hello everyone!

I’ve recently started making button badges (or at least trying to make them) on Photoshop CS3 Extended.
I have downloaded a good template for a 1" button badge, complete with layers & guide lines. I have managed to figure out how to make my own designs and I’m slowly getting to grips with how layers work, so as you can tell, I’m a real novice!

What I would like to be able to do in import or insert a scanned image or photo onto the template so I can make badges with photos or images from the web (e.g. football team emblems etc.). Is it possible to do this? Also can you import/insert images & then re-size them to fit the template so the image will be the right size for the badge?

Sorry if I’m not making sense, like I said I’ve only had Photoshop for a couple of days!

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2009#197587 Report
hi,
i am novice my self..... it really very simple... and one thing you'll find out there more than one way to do something with photoshop....

now the short answer is yes you can.... and it simple...

now this is one way to do it...

1. of course scan your image...
2. now in photoshop open both the template and the image
3. on the image go to the select menu and select "all"
4. do a ctrl+c (that to copy to clipboard)
5. now go to the template.. and do a ctrl+v (that to paste from the clipboard)
6. when you do this the image will be in it own layer....
7. at this point you can then use the various tools.. for example... in the edit menu you have the transform yo can do different things with the image with the image size or orientation ... and don't forget you have the move tool to move the image to align it...

well that it....
now just a couple of notes..
1. there is a tone of tutorials both in video and standard text and graphic.. and there free.. smile and most are ver good...
the way i search for them is something likes this where i use the words "photoshop tutoria" then add the word for the specific kind. like this....
Photoshop tutorial layers
you will get tons hits...

2. also what i do... is i create a favorite folder for just the photo shop tutorials another thing i do... is i make a folders on the hard drive to save the various video tutorials i like and save the webpage i like... the webpage i generally save in mht format but saving them in "complete htmL" is fine also.. just an extra file..

3. you might also want to ask on your next what people favoritess tutorial sites.. every one has there speciall....

and finally... you have cs3.. that good... i wish i had.. but tutorial for previous versions will work fine with cs3 ...

Whitworth77 said:Hello everyone!

I’ve recently started making button badges (or at least trying to make them) on Photoshop CS3 Extended.
I have downloaded a good template for a 1" button badge, complete with layers & guide lines. I have managed to figure out how to make my own designs and I’m slowly getting to grips with how layers work, so as you can tell, I’m a real novice!

What I would like to be able to do in import or insert a scanned image or photo onto the template so I can make badges with photos or images from the web (e.g. football team emblems etc.). Is it possible to do this? Also can you import/insert images & then re-size them to fit the template so the image will be the right size for the badge?

Sorry if I’m not making sense, like I said I’ve only had Photoshop for a couple of days!

Hope someone can help.

Thanks!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2009#197588 Report
Hello,

What you can do is open 2 or more files(images) with PS CS2.
With your files open you can use the "black arrow" tool, and drag one image into the other, this will create a new layer in your template file, with this new layer selected, go to the "edit" drop down menu and choose "transform/scale".

Now click on one of the corner squares and start dragging, onch you have started to scale the layer, hold down the "shift" key while still dragging, this will scale the image proportionaly.

when done scaleing, hit return or enter to apply the transform,
note: only transform a layer or image once, maybe twice, as this is a lot of math for the program to calculate and the more times you do it the worse the image looks
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2009#197590 Report
Can't thank you enough guys! As soon as I get away from work I'm going to have a go at this!........ Thank you!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum