TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Magic Wand taking off too much text!

Page: 1 Reply
May 13th 2009#197570 Report
Hi everyone.

I have been attempting to isolate text from a white background using the magic wand. I don't want any background but rather just the text so that I can take it and paste it anywhere without having the white background.

So, what I do is take the logo with the white background and paste it onto a blank canvas. Then I use the magic wand tool to isolate the text but it ends up isolating the edge of the white background along with the edge (or so I thought) of the logo text. I then inverse it to get the text isolated only. Then I copy that text and paste it into another layer. But when I turn off the first layer with the text background, I can see slight differences in the text. The letter 'I' usually becomes slimmer as well as most of the text.

I want to get the magic wind just on the outside of the logo without retrieving any white space and without being too close to cut off any of the logo text. Any suggestions?

BTW, the tolerance level is around 32 and it looks as if the lines are at the right edge of the text.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 13th 2009#197571 Report
Depending on the "text" color, (if it is solid) you can use the "color range" command to select the background, to do this go up to 'select/color range", and play with the sliders to suite.

Or, maybe try the "background eraser" tool (hold down the mouse button ever the 'eraser' tool)

Or if all else fails, try to use the "blend if" options,
to access these options, double click the layer, (in the layer pallet, and not the name of the layer, but in the blank area next to the layer name)
and you will see the "blend if" options at the bottom of the dialog box, drag the sliders around and see the results. you can also split the sliders onto two if you use the Alt/Option key while you drag the triangle.

Let me know if you need more info
Reply with Quote Reply
May 14th 2009#197591 Report
You have really, really helped me out! It worked perfectly.

Thank you and God bless you!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D and .
Reply with Quote Reply
May 19th 2009#197624 Report
:DThat is nice to hear
Reply with Quote Reply
May 21st 2009#197640 Report
Salvadore said::DThat is nice to hear

I have another question but I am going to pm you instead.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum