TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

not able to open camera files in photoshop

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 23rd 2009#197378 Report
Hello,
I have been tryiing to import images from my camera into photoshop by selecting the images in iphoto and dragging them onto the photoshop icon, but the images do not open in photoshop. Instead, I had to go into photoshop and open the files one by one, which is a giant pain. The camera files are not raw to my knowledge; they are listed as jpegs in Iphoto.

I think the problem may be the differing color profile from camera to photoshop. IS there a way to batch convert camera files to photoshop color profiles, so that I can then open them in photoshop rather than going through one by one and changing the color profile? Or, is there some other reason why I might not be able to open the camera files in pshop?

thanks much
DStasko
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 24th 2009#197385 Report
hi,
maybe there something i don't understand....
i don't think it the profile.... it your meathod... just dropping file on the photoshop shortcut icon... is not going to work...

in ps cs1
if you want to open several files one time in photoshop.... in ps when you click file>open

hold the control key and click all the file in the folder you want open. (that tags the files) ... then click open,, and all the tag files will open in photoshop....

you should have mentioned what version of ps... there maybe a better way...

dstasko said:Hello,
I have been tryiing to import images from my camera into photoshop by selecting the images in iphoto and dragging them onto the photoshop icon, but the images do not open in photoshop. Instead, I had to go into photoshop and open the files one by one, which is a giant pain. The camera files are not raw to my knowledge; they are listed as jpegs in Iphoto.

I think the problem may be the differing color profile from camera to photoshop. IS there a way to batch convert camera files to photoshop color profiles, so that I can then open them in photoshop rather than going through one by one and changing the color profile? Or, is there some other reason why I might not be able to open the camera files in pshop?

thanks much
DStasko
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum