TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Windows Workspacing

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 13th 2009#197309 Report
Hey so with CS4 every time I open multiple files, it opens them as tabs.

I can't seem to find a way to have them open as floating windows, as they did in older versions. Even when I create a default workspace, unless I'm missing it I can't see how to make "float all as windows" default for multiple images.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 15th 2009#197325 Report
Go to menu Window->Arrange->Float all
To use this as default, just save your workspace.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 19th 2009#197349 Report
If you actually read my OP, you'd see I tried that, it doesn't work. Not to mention the fact that even after I Float All, if I open more files, it opens them in tabs in the same floating window.

It's really obnoxious. Tabbing is great for Firefox, but not PS in my opinion.

Any more suggestions?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 20th 2009#197350 Report
Yeah I really dislike this new workspace too. I often drag layers from one photoshop file to another, but now to do this I have to click and drag the tab out of its position as you would with palettes.. only then can I see two canvases at once.

It is possible to disable this on OS X and revert back to the old workspacing, but not on Windows as far as I can see.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 22nd 2009#197369 Report
daviestar said:Yeah I really dislike this new workspace too. I often drag layers from one photoshop file to another, but now to do this I have to click and drag the tab out of its position as you would with palettes.. only then can I see two canvases at once.

It is possible to disable this on OS X and revert back to the old workspacing, but not on Windows as far as I can see.

You can drag to the tab, wait a second, and PS will show you that document.
BTW, I love this new workspace
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 22nd 2009#197370 Report
transoptic said:If you actually read my OP, you'd see I tried that, it doesn't work. Not to mention the fact that even after I Float All, if I open more files, it opens them in tabs in the same floating window.

It's really obnoxious. Tabbing is great for Firefox, but not PS in my opinion.

Any more suggestions?

I'm sorry but iI can't see in your post where you mention that.
Yes, it will open new files in the active window, IMHO it is much better than have lots of overlapping windows (as I use to have) .
To disable this behaviour, goto menu Edit->Preferences->Choose Interface, and uncheck the "Open documents as tabs" option, easy isn't it?
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum