TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Saving my file to jpeg

Page: 1 Reply
Apr 1st 2009#197179 Report
Hi there,
Basicly i have made a flyer design for an event im doing, but i can only save the file as a photoshop image...i need to save it as a jpeg.
How can i do this please?????
Im using version cs3 extended...any help would be apreciated
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 3rd 2009#197201 Report
I think "save as..." command prompts to save a file in many different formats, including JPEG. Not sure, exactly what is nature of your problem is?

Anyways, here is a simple trick to get JPEG of your flyer :------
Use "Print Screen " on your keyboard

Mark,
www.indovance.com
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 4th 2009#197217 Report
Hi i am new to the forum & this is my first post/reply.

As GraphicMento said, if you go to File - save as you will see a box called Format. From here you will get a list of all formats that you can save your file to, you then will get a choice for the size of file you need to save it to.

hope this helps.

Locton
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 5th 2009#197222 Report
If it is going to be printed, jpg is not the right choice.
If you're going to print it yourself, use photosop print capabilities, if not, ask the guy at the printing shop first.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2009#197465 Report
GraphicMentor said:I think "save as..." command prompts to save a file in many different formats, including JPEG. Not sure, exactly what is nature of your problem is?

Anyways, here is a simple trick to get JPEG of your flyer :------
Use "Print Screen " on your keyboard

Mark,
www.indovance.com

In save as... you dont have JPEG
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2009#197467 Report
Not sure where you are looking but you definitely can save as a jpeg under save as, you will get a choice of 20 different file formats including jpeg.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 5th 2009#197494 Report
Chrisbeale,

You may not see the jpeg option for a couple of reasons. The most typical reason is that the image is in 16-bit color mode. Go to Image and choose Mode. See if there's a check beside 8-bit or 16-bit. If it's 16-bit, change it to 8-bit by clicking beside 8-bit. If it isn't on RGB color mode (perhaps it's on indexed?), change it to RGB by clicking beside RGB.

I don't know how experienced a Photoshop user you are, so please forgive me if I'm preaching to the choir: If your image has multiple layers, it is always safest to save the file as a Photoshop Document (.psd) before saving it as a jpeg file. When you save the .jpg file, give the file a different name. The jpeg file will be flattened so all of the separate layers (if any) are "written" onto the Background layer. By saving the file with its layers intact as a .psd document, you can always get back to those layers if you need to.

I hope this helps!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum